Description

We would like to welcome you to The Rose and Crown Inn (AA 4 Star) situated in the heart of the Village of Elham in an area popular with walkers and declared as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are only a short distance from the Channel Tunnel at Cheriton, approx 5 miles from Folkestone and 6 miles from the City of Canterbury. The Rose & Crown Elham is a Grade II Listed building, it was originally timber framed and built in the 16th century. Most of it has been re fronted, and extended at the south end, where a date stone gives the date 1740. This inn was used for many years for the Elham Petty Sessions, and the courtroom can still be made out on the first floor. Mortises and grooves in the beams show where a small room was set aside for the use of the magistrate, who visited here once a fortnight. The first game of Bar Billiards was played here in the Rose & Crown, Elham in 1932. David Gill of Ox Road Farm, North Elham was responsible for creating the first Bar Billiards table, which was first played on here at the Rose & Crown Elham. (Information Source Derek Boughton. Elham Historian)

Add Review & Rate

Be the first to review “The Rose & Crown”

Quality
Location
Space
Service
Price